Want to get rid of the uncomfortable sensation that occurs on your skin? Try these 5 best anti-itch lotions to soothe your skin.
We all have experienced those days when we constantly had the urge to scratch our skin. In medical terms, this sensation in the affected area that compels us to rub is called pruritus or skin itching. It happens as a result of the activation of nerve endings in the skin. It is a response to various skin conditions such as allergies, dry skin, insect bites, and other underlying health issues. Traditionally, home-made remedies like aloe vera, coconut oil, mint leaves and tea tree oil were used to soothe the affected area. Today, the benefits of all these ingredients can be found in ready-to-use products such as lotions, creams and gels. So, try out some of the best anti-itch lotions with anti-inflammatory properties to soothe the skin.
What causes itchy skin?
Skin itching can happen because of several reasons, and a deep understanding of the cause can help you get relief from it instantly:
- A lack of moisture can cause skin dryness and itching.
- Exposure to allergens like medications, certain foods, insect bites and plants can trigger itching.
- Certain skin diseases like eczema, psoriasis or fungal infections can cause skin itching because of inflammation or irritation.
- Skincare products containing harsh chemicals can also irritate your skin and compel you to rub it constantly.
- Medical conditions related to liver, kidney, diabetes and thyroid problems can also lead to itching.
5 best anti-itch lotions to get rid of inflamed or irritated skin
Invent in some of the best anti-itch lotions in India to get relief from irritation, inflammation and sensation:
1. Eucerin Eczema Relief Instant Therapy Body Lotion
The Eucerin Eczema Relief Instant Therapy Body Lotion claims to provide relief from dry, and irritated skin. It instantly calms the skin and soothes the skin. Additionally, this lotion is designed to protect, repair and improve the health of your skin. Suitable for both men and women, this product is enriched with licochalcone, and ceramide that treats itchy skin.
2. Curel Itch Defence Lotion
If you are looking for anti-itch lotions for dry skin, try this one from Curel. The lotion is formulated with ceramides, shea butter and pro-vitamin B5, which works to soothe dry, and itchy skin. Regular uses of this lotion can leave your skin moisturised and hydrated. Moreover, this anti-itch lotion is also suitable for those suffering from any skin-related conditions.
3. Glimlach Calamine Anti-Itch Body Lotion
Try the Glimlach Calamine anti-itch lotion for rashes. This lotion is suitable for all skin types, men and women. The brand claims that the lotion is gluten free, non GMO and cruelty free. It is infused with the goodness of zinc oxide, ferric oxide, aloe vera, and castor oil. Incorporating this lotion in your skincare routine can protect your skin from rashes, itching due to sunburns, insect bites, prickly heat and other minor skin conditions. It effectively soothes your skin and leaves it clear.
4. Gold Bond Body Lotion
When it comes to anti-itch lotions for sensitive skin, this one from Gold Bond might be the perfect choice for you! It is enriched with aloe vera, glycol, vitamin E, menthol, glycerin, cetyl alcohol and chloride etc. Besides acting effectively on itchy skin, this lotion has moisturising, soothing and cooling effects.
5. Fixderma Cosmetic Body Lotion
The Fixderma Cosmetic Body Lotion is suitable for dry skin. It is developed with the triple oat complex, shea butter, linolenic acid and sodium PCA, which provides relief to skin from irritation. Apart from soothing the skin, it keeps the skin moisturised and hydrated throughout the day. The brand claims that this lotion is ECOCERT, COSMOS certified and free from paraben, and cruelty. Besides rejuvenating chapped skin, this lotion reduces itchiness, and relieves inflammation.
Benefits of anti-itch lotions
A thorough understanding of the benefits of anti-itch lotions for skin can help you get better results. So, check out this list of advantages of this skincare product:
1. Alleviates itching: These lotions are enriched with the goodness of calamine, hydrocortisone, menthol or aloe vera, which quickly works on the affected area and provides calm.
2. Moisturise the skin: They contain moisturising properties like shea butter, glycerin and aloe vera, which relieve itching, prevents dryness and keeps the skin hydrated.
3. Reduce inflammation: Its anti-inflammatory properties reduce inflammation and redness.
4. Treat several skin conditions: They are beneficial for treating skin-related conditions like psoriasis and eczema. It provides comfort and relief by addressing the issue.
5. Prevent infection: Scratching and rubbing the skin can lead to wounds and increased risk of possible infections. Anti-lotions prevent scratching and breakdown of the skin barrier.
(Disclaimer: At Health Shots, we make a constant effort to break the clutter for our readers. All products listed are carefully curated by the editorial team but use your discretion and an expert’s opinion before using them. Their price and availability may differ from the time of publication. If you buy something using these links in the story, we may earn a commission.)