Diabetes patients need to maintain their blood sugar levels. So, try these best flours for diabetics and boost your health.
Diabetes is a chronic medical condition which can lead to several complications if not managed properly. Following a healthy diet and lifestyle become essential for diabetics to manage their blood sugar levels. While this disease cannot be completely cured, making small changes in the diet can be beneficial. Including protein, fiber-rich foods and reducing sugar and carbohydrate consumption can be a crucial step towards regulating blood sugar levels. Switching to healthier alternatives like replacing your regular flours with the right flours could also help manage diabetes. So, we have curated a list of the best flours for diabetics to help you stay fit.
6 best flours for diabetics
Use the best flour for diabetics in India to manage your blood sugar levels.
1. Diabexy Atta Sugar Control for Diabetes
If you are looking for the best flour for diabetes patients, try this one from Diabexy. The brand states that this flour is rich in nuts and seeds, which provides omega 3-fatty acid and medium chain triglycerides. This flour is a good combination of healthy fats and vegan protein, which helps control hunger and manage diabetes. It is enriched with the goodness of essential proteins that provides strength to muscles, bones and helps control blood sugar levels. The reduction of carbohydrates from this flour helps manage weight and allows you to lead a healthy life.
2. Jackfruit365 Flour
Jackfruit 365 claims that its green jackfruit flour contains low carbohydrates. It promises to help control blood sugar levels in 90 days. Undoubtedly, it is one of the best flours for diabetics because it is a rich source for soluble fibre and protein, which is essential for diabetes patients. Enriched with dietary fibre, this flour helps in digestion. Additionally, it also doesn’t contain any preservatives, which makes it safe to consume.
3. Goshudh Heart & Diabetes Care Atta
The Goshudh Heart & Diabetes Care Atta is packed with the goodness of ragi, roasted chana, sharbati wheat, sorghum and barley that improves your heart health. This flour promises to control diabetes and regulate glucose levels. Additionally, it also provides essential nutrients and boosts immunity. Besides regular blood sugar levels, this flour helps in digestion and weight loss. The brand claims that it contains no added sugar and is gluten free, which makes it a healthy choice.
4. Lo! Foods – Diabetic Atta
The Lo! Foods – Diabetic Atta is infused with the goodness of wheat flour, superfood seeds mix, soy flour, chickpea flour, wheat bran, ragi flour, oats flour, quinoa flour and methi or fenugreek seed powder. Especially formulated for diabetics, this flour is 50 percent lower in carbs. The presence of superfoods, groundnuts, whole grains and coconut leads to low glycemic load in this flour. Moreover, it is rich in fibres and proteins which slows down the release of glucose and this leads to lower sugar spikes in your blood sugar levels. The brand claims that the product doesn’t contain added sugar and preservatives, which makes it a great alternative.
5. ADOR Health Ultra Low Carbohydrate Keto Roti Atta
If you are looking for the best atta for diabetes patients, try this one from ADOR Health. It is packed with goodness of sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, watermelon seeds, flaxseed, soya flour, wheat bran fibre, isolated wheat protein, guar gum and psyllium husk. This atta contains less carbs, which allows you to enjoy your food along with improving your weight loss journey. The brand states that this flour is validated by doctors and dieticians and it is ideal for diabetes remission diet.
6. Sugar Watchers Low GI 7-Grain Atta
The Sugar Watchers Low GI 7-Grain Atta helps manage weight and diabetes. It is formulated using ingredients like oats, isabgol, wheat, barley, bengal gram, defatted soy and fenugreek. The brand states that the product is clinically tested and has proven low GI. It promises to promote healthy digestion, control blood sugar levels and manage weight. Additionally, this flour provides all the essential nutrients such as iron, proteins and fibre, which makes it a good choice for diabetics.
Benefits of replacing wheat flour with low GI flours
- These flours have low sugar, which helps maintain a balanced diet and manage weight.
- It slows down the glucose release into the bloodstream, which prevents sudden sugar spikes.
- Besides managing weight and blood sugar levels, these flours encourage regular bowel movements, which contributes to the feeling of fullness. This leads to improved health of the digestive system.
- The presence of low carbs in these flours helps diabetes patients to maintain a healthy diet.
- These sugar-free flours are rich in essential nutrients such as protein and fibres that are essential for diabetics.
How to choose the best flour for diabetics?
Consider the following points before buying flours for diabetes patients:
- Check the product’s packet to get information about the ingredients. Make sure that the flour is formulated using healthy ingredients that contain less carbs.
- Make sure that the flour contains all the essential nutrients.
- Read online reviews and recommendations to get insightful information about the product.
- Furthermore, consider your budget and make sure that the benefits of the product aligns with its cost.
- Consult a doctor or dietician before consuming the product.
(Disclaimer: At Health Shots, we make a constant effort to break the clutter for our readers. All products listed are carefully curated by the editorial team but use your discretion and an expert’s opinion before using them. Their price and availability may differ from the time of publication. If you buy something using these links in the story, we may earn a commission.)