Oily skin is prone to pimples because of excess production of sebum. Try these 6 best pimple creams for oily skin to get clear skin.
Oily skin needs extra care. Even the slightest mistakes can make you end up with several skin-related problems like pimples. And it gets worse when you experience pain, swelling, redness, and heat around the pimples due to inflammation. So, along with following a proper cleansing, toning, and moisturising routine, using the best pimple cream for oily skin is important. It can help reduce excess oil production and treat bacterial infections, leaving your skin clear. These creams also help in removing pimple scars quickly. We have curated a list of the best pimple creams for oily skin that you must add to your skincare routine.
Why is oily skin more prone to pimples?
Oily skin is more likely to get pimples because of several factors. Before using any skincare products for oily skin, you must understand the cause behind it:
- Excess sebum production: Oily skin produces an excessive amount of sebum, which is responsible for maintaining the health of the skin. It can lead to clogged pores and increase the growth of acne-causing bacteria.
- Clogged pores: The overproduction of sebum can lead to clogged pores. This blockage occurs because sebum gets mixed with dead skin cells and other impurities, leading to the formation of pores.
- Pimple-causing bacterial growth: Propionibacterium acnes thrives in oily skin. It multiplies when pores are clogged, leading to inflammation.
- Hormonal imbalance: Hormones like androgens play a crucial role in acne formation. It stimulates the sebaceous glands to produce more oil, which can contribute to pimple development.
- Environment factors: Excessive exposure to humidity can enhance sebum production, which can contribute to clogged pores.
Best pimple creams for oily skin
Try these 5 best pimple creams for oily skin in India to get rid of painful acne:
1. Blue Nectar Plant Based Vitamin C Cream
The Blue Nectar Plant Based Vitamin C Cream acts as a natural moisturiser for oily skin. Packed with the goodness of aloe vera, grape seed, turmeric, clove, star anise, jasmine, coriander, lodhra, anantmool, almond and big lemon, this cream helps to control excess oil. It refines pores and helps combat breakouts. In addition, it targets the uneven skin, removes spots, and stimulates collagen production. The cream claims to keep your skin balanced without clogging pores. Especially designed to keep your skin hydrated all day long, this cream has a non-greasy and quick absorbing texture.
2. Globus Naturals Pimple Clear Glycolic Acid Cream
Infused with glycolic acid, niacinamide, aloe vera, natural fruit extract, glycerine and vitamin E, the Globus Naturals Pimple Clear Glycolic Acid Cream helps prevent acne development and unclog pores. This chemical free creams claims to control excess oil and maintains skin’s natural pH balance. It works great to remove pimple-causing bacteria and clear blemishes. The brand states that this skin rejuvenating cream is non-toxic, paraben and cruelty free.
3. Jovees Ayurveda Neem & Long Pepper Anti-Acne and Pimple Cream
Suitable for both men and women, the Jovees Ayurveda Neem & Long Pepper Anti-Acne and Pimple Cream helps get rid of blemishes. It is packed with long pepper, neem oil, tea tree, red sandalwood, wintergreen and clove. This cream poses anti-inflammatory properties that minimises redness and swelling. Its purification and detoxification properties protect your skin and prevent pimple-causing bacterial growth.
Also Read: 5 best face packs for acne-prone skin
4. Biolife Acknil Ayurvedic Anti Scars & Pimple Removal Cream
The Biolife Acknil Ayurvedic Anti Scars and Pimple Removal Cream is suitable for both men and women. It claims to be paraben free, which makes it safe for your skin. It is packed with turmeric, aloe vera, guggul and manjistha, which helps treat acne and prevent breakouts. This cream protects your skin from UV damage, and promotes healing from infection. Preventing blackheads, this natural acne removal cream clears and moisturises your skin.
5. Dot & Key Spot Reduction Acne Cream
The Dot & Key Spot Reduction Acne Cream helps fight pimples and its scars. It is formulated with cica, niacinamide and other ingredients, which soothes inflammation, fight breakouts and reduce spots. The presence of ceramides and oatmeal boost skin’s natural barrier, controls oil production and keeps your skin hydrated. Its non-comedogenic properties prevent clogged pores.
6. Organic Harvest Acne Control Cream
This acne control cream from Organic Harvest helps fight pimples. It claims to be 100 percent American certified organic. Enriched with the goodness of green tea and moringa, it helps purify skin pores and reduce the appearance of pimples. This cream controls excess oil production and protects your skin from sun damage. Additionally, it is free from harmful chemicals, paraben and mineral oils, which makes it safe to use.
Benefits of pimple creams for oily skin
1. Targeted treatment: Pimple creams are formulated with active ingredients that helps reduce the growth of acne-causing bacteria, which prevents breakouts.
2. Controls oil production: These creams are designed to control sebum production, which leads to clogged pores and acne.
3. Exfoliates skin: They contain exfoliating properties that remove dead skin cells. It enhances faster cell turnover, which leads to preventing acne development.
4. Reduces inflammation: Pimple creams contain anti-inflammatory properties that work to prevent redness and swelling.
5. Prevents scars: Pimples can lead to scar development and hyperpigmentation if not treated at the right time. These creams can help prevent scars and spots.
(Disclaimer: At Health Shots, we make a constant effort to break the clutter for our readers. All products listed are carefully curated by the editorial team but use your discretion and an expert’s opinion before using them. Their price and availability may differ from the time of publication. If you buy something using these links in the story, we may earn a commission.)